Introduction to Publishing provides a comprehensive look into the world of book and journal publishing. This module gives an overview of the publishing world today and uncovers the variety of roles and responsibilities that come together to create published materials.
- The publishing industry: an overview
- Companies and brands
- Market research
- Acquiring and commissioning
- Sales and marketing
- Finance and costings
- Publishing career avenues
e-Learning modules are optimised for desktop and laptop devices and not tablets and smartphones.
At the end of this module you will:
- understand the context and structure of the broad book and journal publishing world
- understand the key publishing processes and typical departmental functions of a publishing company
- understand the life cycle of a typical book and journal publication
How does the course work?
Introduction to Publishing has six modules, plus a bonus unit. Each module has detailed explanations of the relevant areas of publishing, and quizzes for self-assessment. Finishing all sections of each module leads to your completion certificate being issued.
Five to seven hours.