With hybrid working, virtual meetings and online events now routine parts of publishing life, knowing how to present yourself on camera to customers, contacts and colleagues is essential. Online Presentation Skills focuses on the practicalities of speaking on camera and using online meeting applications, such as Google Meets, Microsoft Teams and Zoom. It will equip you with the tools and techniques to communicate during online video meetings with confidence, ease and efficiency.
You’ll learn what makes video communication successful, the dos and don’ts of on-camera presentation and how to hold your audience’s attention, use your eyes and hands, and adapt to the challenges of attending virtual meetings, conferences and book fairs.
Who is it for?
Editors, Sales Managers, Marketing Managers and Rights Managers responsible for:
- Promoting and selling a portfolio of products (physical and digital) to an international audience which is increasingly virtual and varied (both culturally and in terms of digital literacy)
- Managing a team of direct reports who are in different locations (and often countries) and are not only learning to communicate and sell, but learning to do it remotely and on camera
What will you achieve?
On completing this course you’ll be able to:
- Communicate, present and sell on video applications (internally and externally) with confidence and impact
- Handle the challenges of remote international digital communication
- Exploit the time savings and brand exposure that online presentations can bring
- Setting the scene: dos and don'ts of on-camera communication
- The 1.2.3 Rule / less is more: let your book and journal content and your customer feedback speak for themselves
- Keeping your audience's attention on camera
- Speak with your body: eyes and hands
- Enjoy the silence / sharing your screen: leveraging your publisher’s social media presence and the publishing community on YouTube
- Pre-, during and post-video-call checklist
- Research your audience: digital literacy and cultural differences / selling books and journals on camera to Asia
- Virtual conferences and book fairs
- Internal clients
- Internal expectations
- Your Zoom, your brand: a window into career progression in publishing
For more information about any of these courses, please email or sign up to receive our newsletter for updates on these and our other offerings.Please read our Terms & Conditions
- Virtual classroom
- 9am to 12.30pm
- Four x 1.5 hour sessions plus breaks, comprising two half-day sessions.
A number of discounts are available
What you will need
To join the course, you will need access to a computer, tablet or laptop with a camera and microphone. You will need to activate a free Zoom account to join the course. This takes two minutes and does not require any payment. It is purely for administrative purposes.