The Publishing Training Centre Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Publishing Training Centre Group may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 April 2018.
The Publishing Training Centre Foundation Group (PTC) is the owner of the information collected on this site. SoftForge, provider of this website/learning platform, is acting as the Data Processor. Neither PTC nor SoftForge will sell, share or rent this information to any other companies.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, and inclusivity and diversity data (anonymous)
- information about your preferences and interests as part of your personal profile (please note these fields are not mandatory)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, as long as you have opted in to this process.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Retention of Personal Data
If you have booked on a Short Course, enrolled on a Self-Study Tutor-Guided course or enrolled on an E-Learning Module with the Publishing Training Centre Group, we will retain your personal data. We will maintain your full record for as long as necessary for any foreseeable verification, audit or statistical returns. Information on your Course Registration and final award where applicable will be kept in perpetuity.
You are entitled to access your personal data so that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing. This is achieved through the mechanism of a Subject Access Request (SAR) you can contact us by emailing .
You are entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond within one month of your request.
You may request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. The Right to Erasure does not provide an absolute 'right to be forgotten', however, you do have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed
- When you withdraw consent
- When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing
- When the personal data was unlawfully processed
- When the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation
If you have successfully completed a Distance Learning course with The Publishing Training Centre, you will be able to add your information to the Freelance Finder. This allows potential clients, who are searching for freelance suppliers, to contact you.
All information in this section is entirely in your control. You can change and update the information at any time by logging in to the site, then clicking on the Profile link at the top of the page. Click on the Freelance Finder tab and change the information, or remove any information you do not wish to display. You can also deactivate your entry completely by clicking on the tick-box next to 'List in Directory'.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You will be able to unsubscribe from any of our email newsletters using the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the email.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at .
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are compelled by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
The PTC group does not employ any automated decision-making or conduct profiling of our delegates or students. However, if you have consented to be held on our database and to receive communications from us, we may periodically send you marketing information so that you are informed of upcoming courses and events. These will be automated but they do not involve automated decision-making or profiling. You can unsubscribe from these at any time.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.