Our In-Company Training service brings the Publishing Training Centre (PTC) to you. We will run training courses exclusively for you, at your own office or a venue of your choice. Every course is backed by the PTC’s longstanding expertise and experience. Your training can be an exclusive “off the shelf” delivery of an existing course or tailored to your requirements.
The cost of In-Company Training is based on a single inclusive quote for a maximum number of trainees, with no hidden extras.
Commissioning your training
For most companies, an existing PTC course will serve as the starting point for your tailored training programme. We will clarify whether your training needs can be met by a current course, with or without adaptation, or whether something more bespoke is required. Once your training needs have been agreed, we make a specific proposal and, when this is accepted, we commission the relevant tutor(s) to prepare the content and deliver the course, at the agreed time and place.
To find out more, please call 020 8874 2718 or complete an information request form, and we will be in touch to discuss the options.
Why choose In-Company Training?
You should choose In-Company Training if you:
- have five or more numbers of staff to train in any one area: In-Company Training can prove cost-effective for groups of five or more
- need to integrate company-specific information, systems or procedures into the course
- need a hybrid training programme incorporating elements of two or more of our short courses
- are not a mainstream publisher but still require specific publishing skills that need to be adapted to suit the particular requirements of your organisation.
Note: Usually our maximum number of delegates is 12. In the case of computer training, group sizes are much smaller, with a maximum of 8-10 delegates, depending upon the course.
- Participants work together at a convenient time and place, which leads to enhanced teamwork and motivation.
- Materials can be adapted to match your needs.
- Training can be adapted to look at processes as well as skills.
- Exercises and activities can be specially designed to reflect your company's culture and working practices.
How does it work?
For most companies, one (or more) of the PTC’s existing courses will serve as the starting point for your tailored training programme. Information about these courses can be found in more detail on this website.
You can contact us by telephone (020 8874 2718) or by email to begin the conversation.
We can clarify whether your training needs can be met by one of the current courses, with or without adaptation, or whether something more bespoke is required.
Once there is a mutual understanding as to your needs we make a specific proposal and, when this is accepted, we commission one of our tutors to undertake the required preparation and deliver the course, at the agreed time and place.
Working with international publishers
The Publishing Training Centre welcomes enquiries about training or consultancy from international publishers. In recent years, we have been contracted by companies in Europe, Africa, the Caribbean, Central and South America, and south-east Asia. Training can take place on-site or in the UK.
In Europe, The Publishing Training Centre is a founder member of the Association of Publisher Training Organisations in Europe (APTOE).
In-Company Training client list
Here are just some of the organisations that have benefited from in-company training with us in the past few years: