- What is editorial style?
- The core areas of editorial style
- Making editorial style decisions
- The editorial style sheet
- Using the editorial style sheet
e-Learning modules are optimised for desktop and laptop devices and not tablets and smartphones.
At the end of this module you will:
- define "editorial style" and "house style", and distinguish these from other uses of the word "style" in publishing terminology
- identify items in a script for which an editorial style decision is needed
- make appropriate editorial style decisions, based on the readership for, and content of, the publication
- set up an editorial style sheet and record decisions clearly, to promote consistent treatment of the text during copy-editing and beyond
How does the course work?
Editorial Style has five units. Across the five units there are 12 exercises each having a model answer and commentary for self-assessment.
How to enrol
To enrol, you need to click on the Add to Cart button on this page. You will be asked to register (if you have not already done so). You will, at that point, be asked to pay by credit/debit card.
Important note: You will have access to the course for six months from the date of your enrolment.
Refunds: Fees for e-Learning Modules are non-refundable, as immediate access is available to all the relevant course material.
What is included?
Full access to the PTC's online learning platform where you will find all the materials you need to complete the course. Where relevant, downloadable materials are provided so you can practise your new skills as many times as you need to feel confident that you have mastered them.
Upon successfully completing the course you will receive a completion certificate from PTC.
Who is it for?
This module is for editors who have completed initial training and are looking to go more in depth to this specific topic, but who are not yet very experienced.
This e-Learning Module was developed with the support of the Unwin Charitable Trust.
Five to seven hours with eight months access to the module.
PTC e-Learning Modules are concentrated, online courses that focus on specialist topics relevant to an editor's working life. They are designed to build on a foundation of existing skills and experience.