- What's different about editing fiction
- Categories of fiction
- Using timelines, or other plot grids
- Recording relationships and other characterisation
- Marking up dialogue
- Using a style sheet
- Framing author queries
e-Learning modules are optimised for desktop and laptop devices and not tablets and smartphones.
At the end of this module you will:
Have a clear understanding of how to approach issues such as
- copy-editing dialogue
- checking continuity of plot
- creating and using a family (or other relationship) tree
- framing author queries
How does the course work?
Editing Fiction has five units. Across the units there are exercises, model answers, and quizzes for self-assessment.
This e-Learning Module was developed with the support of the Unwin Charitable Trust.
Three to five hours with eight months access to the module.
PTC e-Learning Modules are concentrated, online courses that focus on specialist topics relevant to an editor's working life. They are designed to build on a foundation of existing skills and experience.