Enrol on Introduction to Digital Project Management and save £100 on Advanced Digital Project Management. Click here for more details.
This course assumes you have a working knowledge of digital project management (DPM) and its terminology, and that you are ready to enhance your skills and take on more advanced DPM tasks. Ideally, you will have either attended the PTC course, Introduction to Digital Project Management (DPM Stage 1), or have some practical experience of running digital projects.
Advanced Digital Project Management (DPM Stage 2) takes an in-depth approach into DPM, building your understanding and drawing on the tutor’s extensive experience via case studies and practical examples. You'll learn how to define a project, including drawing-up tender documents, sourcing potential suppliers and creating realistic budgets, schedules and deliverables. The course covers some of the more technical aspects of DPM, such as data and asset management, content architecture and access control, and tools for effective delivery. It also considers testing stages and how to cope with problems when they arise.
Each session combines knowledge acquisition with how to implement this knowledge in real-life situations to achieve results. There will be opportunities for discussion, examples of best practice, real-world case studies and sample documentation provided.
Who is it for?
- Junior digital project managers moving into more senior DPM roles
- Staff who are taking a lead role on complex digital projects or are the sole digital project manager in a company
- Delegates who have already completed An Introduction to Digital Project Management (DPM Stage 1)
- Project managers who want to top-up or refresh their digital skills
What will you achieve?
On completing this course you’ll be able to:
- Pre-empt issues and respond to difficulties as they occur
- Juggle several different projects at once
- Report on project milestones
- Create useful documentation
- Establish good working practices and processes
- Conclude and handover projects
- Manage post-launch development
Setting up and managing complex projects
Setting clear project goals and deliverables
Creating useful documentation and making use of effective management and scheduling tools
Being technically proficient and successfully closing projects
Technical know-how, iterations and testing
Knowing what success looks like and moving on
For more information about any of these courses, please email or sign up to receive our newsletter for updates on these and our other offerings.Please read our Terms & Conditions
Wednesday, 06 November 2024
Date information for future sessions
- Dates: 6 & 13 November 2024
- Times: Each session will run from 9.00am to 12.30pm
- Virtual classroom
- 9am to 12.30pm (BST)
- Four x 1.5 hour sessions plus breaks, comprising two half-day sessions on two days, one week apart
A number of discounts are available
What you will need
To join the course, you will need access to a computer, tablet or laptop with a camera and microphone. You will need to activate a free Zoom account to join the course. This takes two minutes and does not require any payment. It is purely for administrative purposes.