PTC Guides are designed to give you information and insight into a particular aspect of publishing. Written by industry experts, including PTC authors and tutors, they are being updated in 2023. Each Guide is a relatively quick and easy read, ranging in length from 8 to 16 pages.
The Guides are free and easy to download. Simply click on the image or text below to find out more and download your free copy.
- Margaret Aherne
- Essential Proofreading co-author Margaret Aherne talks you through the jobs of copy-editor and proofreader, and the skills required for each job.
- Brenda Stones
- A detailed guide to the skills, attributes, and experience you will need for a successful career in children’s editorial
- Cathy Rentzenbrink
- Bestselling author Cathy Rentzenbrink reflects on how a book she never thought she could write got into the world and became a bestseller
- Peter McKay
- Your handy guide to the advantages of distance learning plus top tips for getting the most out of your studies.
- Alistair Horne
- Are academics beyond the reach of publishers efforts with social media? Download our free PTC guide to social media for academic publishing to discover top tips to building a social media strategy.
- Suzanne Collier and Jonathan Donovan
- Hear from two industry insiders who know how to get in and get on in publishing.
- Paul Cherry
- Some people say that being a Commissioning Editor is the premier job in educational publishing; it is certainly one of the most responsible. But what do they do and is it for you?