Discounts for students, recent graduates who have yet to find work and staff who have been made redundant
- you are a student in full time higher education, or
- you left higher education fewer than six months ago and are currently unemployed, or
- you have recently been made redundant from your job and are currently unemployed (or are serving out your notice),
… then we may be able to offer you 50% off selected short courses. Please note that we may offer a different discount, based on your personal circumstances.
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, then:
- Browse our short courses to find the course and date you’re interested in.
- Book using the enrolment form on the relevant web page. At the bottom of the form there is a text box where you can request a disretionary discount.
- PTC may contact you for supporting evidence to show you fit the criteria for the 50% discount.
- Once the booking is confirmed we will then send you joining instructions and an invoice around four weeks before the course start date.
If you would like to take advantage of this scheme, we will ask you to prove that you fit the necessary criteria. Depending on the category you fall into, this could be:
- Details of the institution at which you’re studying and the course you’re taking.
- A declaration from a tutor or other member of college staff able to verify this information.
- Details of the institution at which you studied, the course you took and the date you left.
- Evidence that you’re currently unemployed (e.g. that you’re claiming benefit).
Staff who have been made redundant
- Evidence of redundancy (e.g. copy of letter or P45).
- If you’re not working your notice, evidence that you’re currently unemployed (e.g. that you’re claiming benefit).
- Any discounts offered under this scheme are offered entirely at the discretion of the Publishing Training Centre.
- The Publishing Training Centre reserves the right to revise or withdraw this discount scheme at any time.
- The discount of 50% only applies to selected courses, and cannot be applied to our residential courses.
- This discount may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts or vouchers offered by the Publishing Training Centre.
- Bookings made under this scheme cannot normally be transferred to alternative dates.
- Once you have confirmed your booking, our normal cancellation charges apply. These are: cancelled more than 4 weeks before the course – no charge; cancelled between 1 and 4 weeks before the course – 50% of full course fee; cancelled within 5 working days of the course – 100% of full course fee.
- Occasionally, owing to circumstances beyond our control, we may have to cancel a course. If this happens, we will refund your fee*.
* or the fee you paid, if this was less than the full price.