Digital project management is challenging. This course breaks down each of its stages, from project planning and scoping through to delivery to your end-user. It will show you how to become an efficient and effective manager of people, budgets, schedules and development deliverables.
Each of the two days of this course will combine knowledge acquisition with how to implement this knowledge in real-life practice to achieve results. There will be opportunities for discussion, scenarios to work through as group tasks, examples of best practice, real-life case studies and sample documentation provided.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Publishing staff who are new to digital project management
- Project managers who want to top-up or refresh their skills
- Those working within a project team taking on an enhanced digital-management role
Learn how to…
- Communicate well with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and build teams - and know when to delegate
- Pre-empt issues and respond to difficulties when they arise
- Juggle several different projects at once
- Report on project milestones
- Create useful documentation
- Establish good working practices and processes
- Conclude and handover projects
- Manage post-launch development
Each day will comprise four sessions, each in turn looking at a key aspect of digital project management in a step-by-step approach. There will be plenty of opportunities for discussion and to work through scenarios as group tasks.
Day 1 What makes an effective digital project manager?
Session 1 - Introductions and definitions
Session 2- Digital project management in practice
Session 3 - Setting clear project goals and deliverables
Session 4 - Managing teams: how to build, motivate and lead a project team
Day 2 What tools and techniques does an effective digital project manager use?
Session 1 - Being up to speed with digital delivery
Session 2 - Getting stuck in: managing a project day-to-day
Session 3 - Iterations, testing and refining
Session 4 - Knowing what success looks like and moving on to the next project
Our short courses are run at a variety of venues in Central London. Information and directions can be found on our Contact Us page. Please check your Joining Instructions for your specific course venue.
Note that most of our short courses can also be run as In-Company events.
- 08 September 2020