Staff within publishing companies are increasingly asked to act as project managers, overseeing new product developments and launches.
This one-day course has been created for those working in publishing who have to manage projects. It will give you the confidence to be a good project manager; explain how to get the most out of your time; demystify the terminology of project management; and show you how to plan, execute and close a project. It will also look at good communication, budgeting, scheduling and dealing with any difficulties that may arise.
This course was originally called 'Understanding Project Management'.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Anyone within publishing who has been tasked with delivering a project
- Those new to project management who need an overview of what it is and how it works
- Staff who manage freelancers and offshore suppliers
- Those who are thinking of moving into a more project-focused role
Learn how to…
- Organise your time effectively to maximise your impact
- Manage all steps of a project, from budgeting and scheduling through execution to close
- Run a project successfully, delivering it on time and on budget
- Deal with communication and other problems
- Use templates and tools to help projects run smoothly
- Projects and Project Managers
- Time management
- The Project life-cycle
- Writing and reviewing your plan
- Dealing with delay
- The Project Triangle
- Risk management
- Managing offshore
- Coping with change
- Communication issues
- Leading a project
- Closing a project
Our short courses are run at a variety of venues in Central London. Information and directions can be found on our Contact Us page. Please check your Joining Instructions for your specific course venue.
Note that most of our short courses can also be run as In-Company events.
Related BlogsTerms & Conditions
- 17 November 2020