With the explosion of content available, on the internet but also in print, wide use of social media and ease of dissemination, it’s more important than ever to know who has the rights to content and who can exploit it. When are there are other rights to consider (such as for use of personal information)? When may permission be needed?
The course also covers ownership of copyright in print as well as digital content.
Who will benefit from this course?
Anyone who is involved in the creation and publication of copyright material and use of services and content online, including for marketing purposes.
Learn how to…
- Understand how rights in content are created and owned
- Understand how ownership of work can be protected
- Secure the rights needed for particular exploitation
- Understand the relevance/importance of certain contractual clauses
- Understand when permission is needed for use of material
- Understand when consent is needed for use of personal data
- Review of copyright basics, are there any differences between print and digital content?
- Review of the exceptions introduced in 2014, moral rights, when is permission needed?
- Other relevant issues: privacy and data protection (rules on use of personal information)
- Review of significant contractual clauses – assignments vs licences
- Social media, use of photos, music, branding etc.
Related BlogsTerms & Conditions
- 16 April 2020
- 10 November 2020
“Very useful content and a knowledgeable course leader who communicated well. There was a particularly helpful explanation of the basic principles of copyright and how to apply them to specific instances.”
Head of Content Creation, BRF
“The course was great and super informative. Copyright is such a hard subject to get your head around so this really helped! Our course leader was great to listen to and I really enjoyed the day.”
Permissions and Licensing Executive, Taylor and Francis
“I have a better understanding of copyright law, plus a whole folder-full of information that I can refer to.”
Freelance Editorial Professional
“The course and tutor were excellent. I will recommend it to colleagues and will also look to attend future relevant courses.”
Content Development Manager, Institute of Engineering and Technology
“I already knew about aspects of copyright, having completed the PTC’s Copyright Essentials. However, I wanted an update and I learned a few things I didn't know about digital copyright, and I have increased my confidence in giving advice about copyright in the workplace.”
Copyright Administrator, Cambridge Assessment International Education