Take charge of planning the creation, delivery and governance of your website content so that it can deliver real value for your organisation and meaningful experiences for your website visitors.
Whether you're relaunching, starting from scratch or wrestling with an unruly site, this course provides the foundation on which you can develop your content strategy and integrate it effectively within your organisation.
Who will benefit from this course?
Anyone who produces or manages online content including writers, editors, web managers, marketers, and PR and media professionals.
Learn how to…
- prioritise and plan content to fulfil your organisation’s goals
- use and reuse content efficiently
- delegate content creation and maintenance with confidence
- prevent your website from becoming chaotic and confusing
- develop tools to help you assess, create, publish and direct content.
- What is content strategy?
- What it is and what it is not
- Why it is important
- Why now?
- What could happen if you don't have a content strategy
- Thinking of yourself as a publisher
- Organisation goals
- User needs
- Content inventories
- Content audits
- Gap analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Usability-testing content
- Presenting your findings
- Meta-data, search and findability
- Site structure, page templates and wireframes
- Content templates, page tables and messaging
- How content strategy can use Agile and Lean methods
- Responsive, 'nimble' and adaptive content
- Editorial calendars
- Content creation and publishing
- The content plan and writing content
- Brand and style guides
- Content workshops
- How a CMS can help your content strategy succeed
- Repurposing, social media and SEO
- Caring for your content
- The content lifecycle
- The maintenance plan
- Measuring effectiveness
- Organisational buy-in and content governance.
Our short courses are run at a variety of venues in Central London. Information and directions can be found on our Contact Us page. Please check your Joining Instructions for your specific course venue.
Note that most of our short courses can also be run as In-Company events.
Related BlogsTerms & Conditions
- 14 May 2020
- 17 September 2020
“I gained a number of practical tools, many of which I can use straight away, while others are good food for thought as I begin planning new content projects (specifically a massive overhaul of the university's course catalogue online). I really did enjoy the course and will be recommending it to my colleagues.”
Senior Content Officer, Reading University
“The course was excellent. Immediate skills gained include new thinking about how to create content with subject experts and an understanding of the overlap between users’ and organisation objectives.”
Imperial College London delegate
“I enjoyed the course very much. I feel absolutely equipped to revise and implement my web content strategy and I also realised how much I already know! I don’t think anything could have been better.”
General Osteopathic Council delegate
"I recommend it to people getting started or who need a refresher on how to do content marketing."
"I really enjoyed the Content Strategy course given by Sue Davis... It was interesting, useful and inspiring - a great way to spend the day!"
Consumer book delegate