- How we read online
- What is SEO?
- Making SEO part of the writing/editorial process
- Further SEO tips for editors
e-Learning modules are optimised for desktop and laptop devices and not tablets and smartphones.
At the end of this module you will:
- understand how the way people read websites and the way search engines crucially affect SEO
- have learned the basics of 'webifying' content
- know how to discover which words people are using to find what they want on the web
- be able to employ keywords to your advantage in headings, text and elsewhere
- know how to keep content fresh and attractive to search engines
- be able to work with 'microcopy' in ways that enhance SEO
How does the course work?
SEO for Editors and Writers has five units. Across the units there are exercises, model answers, and quizzes for self-assessment. Completion of the final exercise leads to your completion certificate being issued.
If you would like to register your interest in enrolling on this course please email us to be alerted once it is launched.
Five to seven hours with eight months access to the module.
PTC e-Learning Modules are concentrated, online courses that focus on specialist topics relevant to an editor's working life. They are designed to build on a foundation of existing skills and experience.