We are now seeking a new Chief Executive to succeed Peter McKay, who will retire at the end of June.
As an independent charitable foundation, the Publishing Training Centre (PTC) delivers training courses both for the publishing industry and those from wider industries wanting to develop publishing skills. At the time of change in the industry, the PTC is developing an ambitious programme of online learning and accredited training programmes to support the industry, running over 100 courses and training in excess of 1500 professionals every year.
Currently the PTC delivers classroom courses, in-company training, and a growing range of online self-study and tutor-supported programmes. The portfolio of courses is renewed regularly, with input from an advisory board of industry members to ensure the offer remains current and relevant.
We are now seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to succeed Peter McKay, who will retire at the end of June. The CEO is responsible for setting and implementing a clear strategy for the future development of the PTC in conjunction with the Board of Trustees and for steering and managing the business. The role is based in central London.
The role requires:
- Knowledge or experience of the training industry
- Experience in e-learning or digital delivery
- Current or recent broad publishing experience
- The ability to think strategically and present effectively
- Proven success in running a small business unit, understanding accounts and managing staff
- Experience of working with a non-executive Board is desirable
To apply, please email a letter of application and CV to Lis Tribe, Chair of Trustees, at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23th February